Skip to content

Clinton, OK: 11/4/15

What’s in Clinton, Oklahoma? A fairly priced hotel. Aside from that, I have no idea because I drove at least twelve hours this day and finally crashed at an EconoLodge or some similar hotel chain after midnight. I left Michael and Joseph’s around 9:30 and there had been snow in Flagstaff, which was the way I wanted to drive to get back to I-40, so I had a decision to make. Michael recommended that I go South to get to the main highway to get to I-40 without having to drive up the steep road full of tight curves, but as I approached the turn I would have to make to go South I felt inspired to take the steep route anyway. There wasn’t that much snow and none really on the road as I drove up through the switchbacks, but near the top there were pine trees covered with snow and it was a magical drive. There was no one on the road so I could drive as slowly as I felt comfortable with and I only pulled over twice to let people pass me when they eventually caught up with me. I stopped at the top to take a few pictures. 🙂

Day 17 d Day 17 c

Day 17 Day 17 b

Day 17 aDay 17 e

Even though there was some snow it was totally worth it to drive through that beautiful scenery. And aside from that, the drive was pretty uneventful. At some point I noticed that there was a crack in my windshield–possibly from the hail when I was driving to Sedona from Phoenix. The next time I stopped to get gas (and to try to take a picture of the full rainbow, but I couldn’t see it from the gas station–I saw so many rainbows this day because it was raining off and on all throughout New Mexico) I called my mom to see if I should get my windshield replaced immediately and she had me measure it–it’s about 8-12 inches and curves up from the bottom of the windshield. I decided to wait at least until TN and maybe even until I’m back in Charlotte. We’ll see.

I ate out of my car all day–my lunch was a V8 and a bag of pasta chips and for dinner I stopped at a gas station and found a gas station hamburger, which I didn’t know you could get, and I tried to make some sort of spiced coffee but it was gross and I didn’t drink it. All I did was drive and take short breaks for gas and food or water and then I called Mom to tell her I was going to try to make it to Oklahoma City, but it would have been another hour or so of driving past where I ended up. She called me back and told me there was a decently priced hotel closer to me and that hotel prices went up a ton the closer I got to Oklahoma City and I’m so glad I listened to her because I was exhausted by the time I got there. I lugged both my suitcases up to my room and threw myself on the bed on top of the sleeping bag I brought up and fell asleep pretty quickly.

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *